Dried ginger powder is easy to store and will last longer. It is used widely in the kitchen to add flavor to the dishes. Also, using dried ginger powder adds an aroma to the food.
It has an earthy flavor, and when used in the any food, it can make the food fabulous. It doesn’t just add flavor to the food, but it also has some incredible health benefits.
In this article, we will discuss the process of preparing dried ginger power at home, its uses, and its benefits.
Prepare Dried Ginger Gowder At Home
As the name specified, dried ginger powder, it’s very obvious that you will have to dry the ginger. And you will need fresh ginger. The quality of dried ginger powder depends upon the freshness of the ginger. So make sure you get the fresh one.
If you don’t know how to determine the freshness of ginger, here is how you do it.
Before you buy the ginger, you can check its freshness by pitching a small piece from the root and see if it comes clean or have fibers sticking out. If it comes out clean, then the ginger is fresh.
After the ginger passes freshness taste, you can get ready for preparation.
- Wash the ginger to remove all the dirt. You can use a bowl or colander to wash the ginger.
- After cleaning the ginger, peel off the skin and cut it into thin pieces. The thinner you slice, the quicker it gets dried. So, slice ginger as think as possible.
- Now, you need to dry thinly sliced ginger. Place the sliced ginger on the plate and let it dry under the sun. It will take a couple of days for ginger to dry completely.
- If you don’t have much time, you can dry it in the oven. You need to pre-heat the oven at 150F and allow sliced ginger to dry for 2 hours. If ginger is not dry even after letting it sit in the oven for 2 hours, then you can increase the hours. Just make sure the ginger is dried completely.
- After ginger is all dried up, you need to turn it into powder. Take a grinder and grind the slice of ginger into fine powder.
- After you get the right texture of the powder, you can transfer it to the jar.
Uses of Dried Ginger Powder
Like many spices, ginger powder is also used in any recipe. You can use it while cooking vegetables, gravies, curries, stew, and many other recipes.
Also, it can be used while marinating meat. Using it with other spices while marinating meat can enhance flavor. As you will be using homemade dried ginger powder, you can use a moderate amount of ginger powder.
And make sure you tighten the jar after every use so that the flavor and aroma of the dried ginger powder don’t get faded. So ensure that you are storing it correctly.
Benefits of Dried Ginger Powder
Ginger has been used as a medicine since ancient times. Before modern medicine, people use to rely on the herbs and spices to treat diseases. Some of the health benefits of dried ginger powder are mentioned below.
Dried ginger powder is one such spice from your kitchen that can use to treat headaches. You don’t have to consume ginger, but you can apply it to your head. For that, you will have to prepare a paste of dried ginger powder. Mix it with water, then apply it to your head.
Ginger is known for curing a cold, and it works wonders in relieving cold. To cure a cold, you can add it to regular tea. Or you can also add two or three dried ginger powders in lukewarm water. Consuming ginger in either way can help you treat cold.
Ginger is rich in anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, which help in reducing acne. To cure pimples, you need to make a face pack of ginger powder. In a bowl, add half a teaspoon of ginger powder, one teaspoon of milk powder, and few drops of rose water. You can adjust ingredients until you get the right consistency. Then apply it to the face and wash it after it dries.
Ginger detoxified your body that increases your metabolism, which helps in losing weight. To lose weight, you need to prepare a drink using ginger powder. Take lukewarm water in a glass, then add half a teaspoon of dried ginger powder and one teaspoon of honey. Mix and drink it every day to experience some changes in your body.
Ginger works best in treating an uneasy stomach. Along with bloating, cure indigestion. To cure bloating, you can add one half teaspoon ginger powder in lukewarm water and a pinch of black salt. Drinking this lukewarm water works best in curing bloating.
If you want to know about the benefits and uses of cumin powder. Click the link