Powder spices are very common ingredients in Nepalese dishes. Every spice has its unique flavors that enhance the taste of the food. Though we are using powder spices in our food, many are not familiar with their health benefits.
Of course, eating veggies and dishes made of powder spices gives a rich taste, and you are also unknowingly benefiting your health too. Spices such as turmeric, cumin, coriander, cardamom, cinnamon, ginger, garlic used in food have numerous health benefits. However, mixing spices in the water can make a great early morning drink, which can aid in curing and preventing diseases.
Cumin water and coriander water are the two types of morning drinks that improve your inner and outer health. Including any one of these drinks in your diet plan can give you incredible results.
Cumin water, also known as jeera water, is a natural remedy for various health problems and has an amazing advantage to our body. Starting your day with cumin water can incredibly improve health and can help in losing weight. Drinking cumin water on an empty stomach can help treat diabetes, high blood pressure, and other diseases.
How to prepare cumin water?
Mix one spoon full of cumin powder in a glass of lukewarm water and drink every morning on an empty stomach. Keep 30 minutes gap between your breakfast and cumin water. Follow this remedy for seven days to see changes in your body.
Health Benefits of Cumin Water
- Good for stomach: Jeera water acts as a painkiller for stomach ache and abdominal pain. It cures gut issues by stimulating the secretion of digestive enzymes and accelerating the digestion process.
- Promotes lactation during pregnancy: Cumin water is beneficial for the health of mother and baby. It secret milk from mammary glands promoting lactation in pregnant women. But excessive jeera can also lower lactation, so do consult a doctor before drinking jeera water regularly.
- Improves immunity: Cumin is an excellent source of iron and dietary fiber. Drinking jeera water early morning maintains the normal functionality of the immunity system, thus keeps the body healthy.
- Minimize period pain: Jeera has anti-spasmodic and anti-inflammatory properties that aid in reducing menstrual cramps. So drinking cumin water during a period can help relax.
- Healthy skin: Jeera has potassium, calcium, selenium, copper, and manganese, which help clean your skin. Drinking jeera water can result in soft, supple, and smooth skin.
- Treats acne: Cumin has anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties that treat acne and aids in skin glow.
- Healthy hair: Cumin is rich in protein, fat, and carbohydrate that promote healthy hair growth. Nutrients in the jeera nourish the roots of the hair and discourage hair fall.
- Boosts energy: If your metabolic rate is low, drinking jeera water can energize you and make you feel better.
- Maintain blood pressure level: Jeera is rich in potassium that helps regulate blood pressure by balancing the negative impact of salt. People with high blood pressure can try drinking cumin water to balance the blood pressure level.
Cumin water for weight loss
Drinking jeera water every morning for seven days can incredibly reduce your weight. Cumin has almost no calories and is loaded with nutrients that aids in weight loss. Drink jeera water on an empty stomach just before your morning exercise to keep you hydrated and calm during the workout. Even if you don’t exercise early morning, drinking jeera water on an empty stomach can still help you reduce fat.
You may also add apple cider vinegar in cumin water to improve metabolic efficiency, which helps stable weight loss. Apple cider vinegar is an optional ingredient, so you may skip using it.
Coriander is an aromatic spice that is commonly stocked up in almost all kitchen cabinets. Whether it is in the form of seed, fresh leaves, or grounded powder, this spice is traditionally used in several Nepalese food, pickles, and vegetables. Although its unique flavor enhances the taste of many Nepalese foods, but very few know that it has abundant health benefits.
How to prepare coriander water?
Take one spoon full of coriander powder and mix in the glass of lukewarm water. Regularly drinking coriander water can positively impact your health. Make a habit of drinking coriander water every morning to see changes in your body.
Health benefits of coriander water
- Boost immunity system: Coriander consists of antioxidants that help reduce free radical activity in the body, which is the reason for improving the immunity system.
- Enhance digestion: Coriander has digestive properties that help in overcoming digestion issues. Drink coriander water in the morning to improve digestion and boost metabolism.
- Strengthen hair: Vitamin K, C, and A are found in coriander, which is essential for the strength and growth of the hair. Also, drinking coriander water in the morning can reduce hair fall and hair breakage.
- Reduce acne: Coriander has anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties and is also rich in iron. The nutrients in coriander help in clearing and smoothing skin. Thus, drinking coriander water every morning can reduce acne, scars, and marks on the skin.
- Flush out toxins: Drinking coriander water in the morning can helps detox your system. Coriander is diuretic and helps you flush out toxins from the body.
- Control blood sugar level: Coriander has a hypoglycemic property that has a vital role in reducing blood pressure levels.
- Improves digestion: Coriander powder is rich in fiber, which makes it a natural remedy for improving digestion. Drinking coriander water daily in the morning can help in treating various digestion-related issues.
Coriander water for weight loss
Coriander is an herb that is incredibly beneficial in improving digestion and weight loss. Good digestion is key to weight loss. If you are gaining excessive weight, that may indicate your digestive system is not working well. So to improve your digestive system, you should include coriander water in your morning diet. However, morning exercise and coriander water can be more beneficial in losing weight.
Cumin water and coriander water helps in weight loss. Everybody has a different body type. For some, cumin water may prove to be effective, and for others, coriander water may be more impactful in losing weight. You may choose any one of these powder spices to see which works best for you.